This Data Protection and Privacy Statement supplements but does not supersede or replace any other consents you may have provided to us in respect of your Personal Data and your consents herein are additional to any rights which NCI may have to collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By providing us with your Personal Data, you consent, agree and accept that we, as well as our respective representatives and/or agents may collect, use, disclose and share among ourselves your Personal Data as described in this Data Protection and Privacy Statement.
In this Data Protection and Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data or from that data in combination with other information, to which we may have access.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to individuals which you have provided us in any form you may have submitted to us, or via any other form of interaction.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Generally, we may collect Personal Data when you:
- Visit NCI website with a cookies-enabled browser or register a user account with NCI website including establishing any online accounts with us;
- Conduct any online transactions (such as online shopping or making online purchases or bookings) on NCI;
- Download or use any of our mobile applications (apps);
- Apply to be a member of any of our programmes;
- Enter or respond to our promotions, initiatives or contests;
- Subscribe to our mailing lists for email subscription, postal promotions or phone or other forms of marketing (such as via telephone calls, messaging by SMS/ MMSs and WhatsApp);
- Interact with our representatives or customer service officers via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings or emails or submit a comment, question or feedback to us using a “Contact Us” or similar feature on NCI website, or contact us and disclose your Personal Data in any other way;
- Are informed of any changes to NCI website, or our services, goods and/or products; and
- Submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to any third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children and/or employees) for particular purposes, by submitting such information to us, you warrant and represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to provide us with the Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure by you or a relevant third party to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
NCI as the case may be, may use your Personal Data:
- To facilitate your access to NCI website or the creation of your user account with NCI website;
- To evaluate your preferences and for the maintenance of the NCI website;
- To facilitate your online transactions;
- To register you as a member of any of our programmes and to provide you the benefits of such membership;
- To facilitate your participation in our promotions, initiatives, events or contests;
- To send you promotional and marketing material via email, post or telephone where appropriate;
- To answer your queries or provide you with assistance in any other way (including without limitation resolving complaints and handling requests); and
- To meet and comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory body which are binding on us; and
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your Internet browsing software (the “browser”) by a website that you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit to make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
- To enable certain features and functions on NCI website (e.g. remembering your username, browsing and other product and/or service preferences)
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems or improve the efficiency of NCI website;
- To improve the contents of NCI website and emails from us;
- To customize the contents of NCI website and emails from us to suit your individual interests or purposes;
- To utilize your browsing history on NCI website and the results of questionnaires for market research or marketing, including sending you advertisements via NCI website;
- To obtain aggregated NCI website usage and visitation statistics;
- To administer services to you; and
- For purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
NCI website may contain links to other third-party websites and microsites, whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit Personal Data to any of those sites, your Personal Data is not subject to this Privacy Statement.
We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any site you visit. By clicking on or activating such links and leaving NCI website, we can no longer exercise control over any data or information which you give to any other entity after leaving NCI website. Any access to such other sites or pages is therefore entirely at your own risk. We are not responsible for the Personal Data policies (including Personal Data protection and cookies), content or security of any third-party websites linked to or from NCI website.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
If you do not want to receive marketing updates from us, please click on the unsubscribe link in our e-newsletters.
Should you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list or if your membership expires, please note that your Personal Data may still be retained on our database to the extent permitted by law.
We take reasonable care to keep your Personal Data secure, but we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer from unauthorized access or loss of any data provided to NCI website.
We cannot guarantee the security of the data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
ACCESSING AND AMENDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may review and amend your Personal Data, or withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data, at any time by signing into your user account (where applicable) and selecting “Update Profile” (or equivalent) or by contacting us as follows:
Email: [email protected]
When contacting the Data Protection Officer for assistance, please state (where relevant), your name, address, and contact details.
Please allow ten (10) working days for your request to be processed.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your Personal Data to fulfill a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant Personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such an event are expressly reserved.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this website. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement.
All other questions on our use of your Personal Data should be sent to [email protected]