12 years old onwards
Think+ Perspective is the world’s only official magazine of the Institute for the Habits of Mind (IHOM). The magazine also makes a deep dive into The Growth Mindset, Carol Dweck’s paradigm for learning, growth, and change.
This probably makes Think+ Perspective the only magazine in the world to instruct students on both Habits of Mind and The Growth Mindset, two powerful paradigms of learning.
Growth Mindset: “When students understand that their abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work – brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment” (Dweck, 2015)
Habits of Mind: “an identified set of 16 problem solving, life-related skills, necessary to effectively operate in society and promote strategic reasoning, insightfulness, perseverance, creativity and craftsmanship”
- Thinking and communicating with clarity and precision
- Managing Impulsivity
- Gathering data through all senses
- Listening with understanding and empathy
- Creating, Imaging, Innovating
- Thinking Flexibly
- Responding with wonderment and awe
- Thinking about thinking (metacognition)
- Taking responsible risks
- Striving for accuracy
- Finding Humor
- Questioning and Posing problems
- Thinking interdependently
- Applying past knowledge to new situations
- Remaining open to continuous learning
Think+ Perspective is filled with articles and activities developed to promote critical thinking; provide both evergreen content and current issues; comes with lots of stunning images, infographics and illustrations; and features writers from all over the world.